ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Tamil was started in 2018. The Department has staff strength of 13. The student strength at present is 140.
True to the logo and motto of the department, the departments have been organizing various competition, personality development skills like tamil poem writing, Short stories, linguistic, language skills and more. Students strength admitted by the University: UG 70.
This Department offers courses in several areas of Sangam illakkiyam, Neethi noolgal,.Bakthi illakkiyam, Kaapiyangal, Sitrilakkiyam, Ikkaala Illakkiyam., Nannool(Ezhuthu, Sollu), Yapparungalakkarigai, Thandi, Purapporul Venbamaalai. Due emphasis is given for the acquisition of required knowledge and development of skills. The Department conducting student-centered learning activities, latest trends, techniques, approaches and methodologies in the process of teaching, training and guiding research.
|1||04.09.2018||Ilakkiya Mandra Thuvakka vizha Cheif Guest:K.Venkatesan|
|2||20.02.2019||Mutthamizh Vizha Cheif Guest: Pavalar Vaiyavan|
|3||10.10.2019||Mutthamizh Vizha Chief Guest: S.Senthil Velan|
- We have conducted a Tamil Fine Arts club for our students to develop their skills.
- We have conducted guest lecture program to enrich the knowledge of our students in various fields.
- To strive towards a holistic comprehensive and in-depth study of Tamil Language, Literature, Grammar.
- To augment the integration of Language skills
- To hone the critical acumen and the research aptitude
- To integrate and strengthen the literary, linguistic, and language skills through world-class curriculum
- To develop the empowerment of women and make them to come forward in the society.
COURSES OFFERED AND ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Eligibility Of the Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Tamil Literature) (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent. A student should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate with Tamil as a subject.