ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The PG & Research Department of English marches ahead to build versatile women students and scholars from the rural sections of the society for their Undergraduate to Research Programmes. This Department offers courses in several areas of English Literature, newly emerging Literatures of other Nations, Literary Criticism and Theory, Comparative Literature Studies and Translation. Due emphasis is given for the acquisition of required knowledge and development of skills. The Department conducting student-centered learning activities, latest trends, techniques, approaches and methodologies in the process of teaching, training and guiding research.
- To strive towards a holistic comprehensive and in-depth study of English Language, Literature, and Literary Theories
- To augment the integration of Language skills
- To promote better interpersonal communication
- To hone the critical acumen and the research aptitude
- To integrate and strengthen the literary, linguistic, and language skills through world-class curriculum
- To develop the empowerment of women and make them to come forward in the society.
ACTIVITY OF THE DEPARTMENT
- We have conducted a various programs for our students to develop their skills.
- We have conducted guest lecture program to enrich the knowledge of our students in various fields.
COURSES OFFERED AND ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Eligibility Of the Bachelor of Arts [BA] (English Literature) (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent. A student should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate with English as a subject. Master of Arts degree in English Literature or M.A. in English Literature is a Post Graduate program in English Literature offered by Universities across the country. It is a 2 year program for students who have successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree program. On completion of the course a student is expected to be able to expertly analyze a work of literature in its historical, cultural, political and philosophical context. Candidates within minimum 55% marks in PG degree are eligible to apply M.phil. It is a 1 year program for students who have successfully completed their Master degree program.
RANK HOLDERS LIST
|SI No||COURSE NAME||NAME OF THE STUDENT||YEAR OF PASSING||RANK|
|1||BA ENGLISH||N. UMANANDHINI||2012||II|
|14||BA ENGLISH||K A SRIRAGAVI||2017||V|
|YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT:||2009|
|PROGRAMMES / COURSES OFFERED||UG, PG, M.PHIL|
|ANNUAL / SEMESTER / CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM||CBCS|
|STUDENT STRENGTH ADMITTED BY THE UNIVERSITY||UG : 154
M.PHIL : 03
|NO. OF STAFF & SUPPORTING STAFF||22 TEACHING FACULTY|